Middlesex County, New Jersey Green Card Lawyer

For many, receiving a Green Card is the ultimate goal when it comes to immigration-related matters and building a life here in the United States. If you’re looking to get your Green Card and think you may qualify, please don’t hesitate to contact a knowledgeable Middlesex County Green Card lawyer from the Law Offices of Aditya Surti, LLC for assistance.

Green Card Lawyer | Helping People in NJ & throughout the U.S.

Those seeking green cards can feel confident when turning to a competent New Jersey immigration lawyer right here at the Law Offices of Aditya Surti, LLC. We have years of experience taking clients through the process and on their path to permanent residency, and we’re ready to put that experience to work for you.

Employment-Based Green Cards

There are several different visas available to those looking to obtain Green Cards based on work or business. Some of those visas are as follows:

  • EB-1: For immigrants with extraordinary ability, multinational executives, and researchers
  • EB-2: For foreign advanced degree professionals
  • EB-3: For foreign skilled & professional workers
  • EB-4: For foreign religious workers
  • EB-5: For foreign investors

Family-Based Green Cards

If you are looking to get a Green Card because you are the parent, minor child, or spouse of a United States Citizen, you should qualify for the Green Card for Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizen. That said, other family members may qualify. If you qualify under any of the following “preference categories,” you may be eligible for a Green Card.

  • F1: For unmarried sons & daughters (over the age of 21) of U.S. citizens
  • F2A: For spouses & minor children of lawful permanent residents
  • F2B: For unmarried minor sons & daughters (over the age of 21) of lawful permanent residents
  • F3: For married sons & daughters of U.S. citizens
  • F4: For brothers & sisters of U.S. citizens (as long as the citizen is over the age of 21)

Diversity Visas

Each year, the Department of State provides 50,000 immigrant visas through a lottery to natives of those qualifying countries who have necessary educational or work experience. Another 5,000 immigrant visas are allotted under the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA). Applicants who are selected via this lottery system are eligible to migrate along with their spouse and unmarried children below the age of 21 years.

A person entering this lottery, or their spouse or parent, must be a native of such country. “Native” means someone born in a particular country regardless of the person’s current residence or nationality. Apart from that, the person must have a high school diploma or equivalent or two years of work experience within the last five years in an occupation that requires two or more years of training/experience. A native of the qualifying country may apply from within the U.S. and if granted and may adjust his status or would have to go through Consular processing if outside the U.S.

I-485 – Adjustment of Status

Foreign nationals who are physically present in the U.S. are allowed to become Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR) without leaving the country. This is known as Adjustment of Status (AOS). To submit an application for AOS, the immigrant visa must be immediately available. An application for AOS is made by filing Form I-485. Some of the categories of people who may file for AOS are:

  • One who has an approved immigrant petition or a completed relative petition, special immigrant juvenile petition, or special immigrant military petition which, if approved, would make an immigrant visa number readily available to the applicant;
  • Spouses or children at the time another AOS applicant files to adjust status;
  • A K-1 visa holder after getting married to a U.S. citizen and any children they may have
  • Those granted asylum status under certain circumstances

Child Status Protection Act

The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) explains who can be considered a “child” for the purpose of visa issuance by the Department of State and for purposes of adjustment of status of aliens by USCIS.

The CSPA provides that if a U.S. Citizen submits Form I-130 on behalf of a child before he or she turns 21, the child will continue to be considered a child for immigration purposes even if USCIS does not act on the petition before the child turns 21. Children of lawful permanent residents also benefit if a Form I-130 is submitted on behalf of their children.

Contact a Competent Green Card Lawyer Today

If you’re looking to become a Lawful Permanent Resident here in the United States and believe you qualify, please don’t hesitate to contact a knowledgeable Middlesex County, New Jersey green card lawyer who can help you through each phase of the process ahead. The Law Offices of Aditya Surti, LLC is on your side.

Read Our
Recent Blogs
What is the Latest Initiative to Ensure That Immigrant Families Stay Together?

The Biden-Harris Administration has recently announced a new action to keep families together. Please read on to learn more.

Read more
Can Your U.S. Citizenship Be Revoked?

While rare, it's possible for the government to revoke your U.S. citizenship if you are a naturalized citizen. Read on to learn…

Read more
What Should I Know About the EB-3 Visa?

If you're seeking employment in the U.S., read this to determine whether you meet the qualifications for an EB-3 visa.

Read more
Read More Blogs
Contact Us
We’re Ready to Hear From You
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.