Middlesex County, New Jersey Child Relocation Lawyer

After a divorce, it is not uncommon for the custodial parent to wish to move away with their child, and whether you are looking to move away or you are a non-custodial parent who believes the move would not work in your child’s best interests, you should strongly consider speaking with an experienced New Jersey child relocation lawyer as soon as you can. Contact the Law Offices of Aditya Surti, LLC to learn more about relocation and how our legal team can assist you.

Do I Need a New Jersey Child Relocation Lawyer?

Custodial parents who are seeking to relocate out of state with their child will either have to obtain the explicit consent of the non-custodial parent, or, if the non-custodial parent opposes the move, they will have to obtain permission from the courts to move. If the non-custodial parent opposed your relocation, you cannot afford to proceed without the services of a knowledgeable Middlesex County, New Jersey family law attorney. Our legal team has handled countless relocation cases over the years, and we are ready to effectively handle yours as well.

How Can I Relocate With My Child After a Divorce in New Jersey?

The first thing you should understand is that when legal matters concern children, the state of New Jersey will always put their best interests first. Therefore, if the court does not believe that a move would be in a child’s best interests, the court will not grant the move. When analyzing move-away cases, the court will conduct what is known as a “best interest” test. Essentially, the test will evaluate various aspects of the move and how it will impact your child. Some of the factors that are considered are as follows:

  • The reason the custodial parent is requesting the move
  • The reason the non-custodial parent is opposing the move
  • Whether the child will receive better education as a result of the move
  • How the move will impact the child’s social life
  • Who the primary caretaker of the child is
  • How involved each parent is in the child’s daily life
  • Whether the move would benefit the child financially
  • Whether the move would bring a child closer to/farther from extended family

These are just some of the factors the courts will consider when determining whether to grant a parent the right to move away with their child. Rather obviously, with legal matters as important as relocation, it is critical that you retain a knowledgeable New Jersey child relocation lawyer who can help you navigate every step of the process.

Contact a New Jersey Child Relocation Lawyer

The bottom line is that whether you are looking to relocate with your child, or you are the parent who is currently opposing the move, you need an experienced attorney on your side. Our legal team is ready to preserve your child’s best interests. Contact the Law Offices of Aditya Surti, LLC today to schedule your initial consultation with our competent family law firm.

Read Our
Recent Blogs
What is the Latest Initiative to Ensure That Immigrant Families Stay Together?

The Biden-Harris Administration has recently announced a new action to keep families together. Please read on to learn more.

Read more
Can Your U.S. Citizenship Be Revoked?

While rare, it's possible for the government to revoke your U.S. citizenship if you are a naturalized citizen. Read on to learn…

Read more
What Should I Know About the EB-3 Visa?

If you're seeking employment in the U.S., read this to determine whether you meet the qualifications for an EB-3 visa.

Read more
Read More Blogs
Contact Us
We’re Ready to Hear From You
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.