Here at the Law Offices of Aditya Surti, LLC, we are dedicated to helping individuals and families navigate the complex area of divorce and family law. If you’re getting a divorce or otherwise need a family law attorney to represent you, you’ve come to the right place. Contact our legal team today to learn more about how we can assist you.
Family Law Attorney | Helping Clients in New Jersey & New York
When faced with a family law matter, few things are more important than the attorney you hire to handle your case. Our legal team has years of experience representing clients in New York and New Jersey, and we would be honored to put that experience to work for you. We know that nothing is more important than the future of your family, and our job is to help make your future as bright as possible.
Our Family Law Services
The Law Offices of Aditya Surti, LLC proudly represents people in New York and New Jersey through a wide range of family law matters, including the following:
- Divorce: Are you getting divorced? If so, you’re not alone. In fact, roughly half of all marriages end in divorce. That said, divorce-related issues must always be handled by a competent attorney. You can depend on us.
- Child Custody: Every good parent wants to play a role in raising their child. If you’re getting divorced and are seeking custody of your child, our firm can help. Your child’s best interests are paramount, and our job is to ensure those interests are met.
- Child Support: If you have custody of your child and require financial support raising your child, you may receive this support from your ex, depending on a variety of factors. Our firm is here to help parents get the support they need and/or modify existing support orders when the situation calls for it.
- Domestic Violence: No one wants to feel unsafe in their own home or with a significant other. Unfortunately, many people find themselves victims of domestic violence and are unsure of where to turn or when to act. Fortunately, there are solutions available, and our firm is here to help get you to safety. If you’re a domestic violence victim, you can turn to the Law Offices of Aditya Surti, LLC.
- Equitable Distribution: One of the most contentious aspects of divorce is equitable distribution, the process by which courts distribute assets between spouses in contested divorces. New Jersey and New York are not community property states, which means that property is seldom distributed equally; it is distributed “equitably,” meaning in a manner that the court determines to be fair and just. Our firm has significant experience fighting for our clients’ assets, and we’re here to protect what’s rightfully yours.
- Cohabitation Agreements: If you’re not looking to get married but would like your relationship with your significant other to be considered “official,” you can draft a cohabitation agreement with the help of a family law attorney. In this agreement, you can outline what will happen to certain types of property, should you and your significant other ever break up, among other things.
- Alimony: Many financially dependent spouses require alimony to keep them financially afloat after a divorce. New Jersey has several types of alimony, depending on a given couple’s situation. Our firm can assess your circumstances and fight for the alimony agreement you need to maintain the standard of living that was established in your marriage.
- Child Relocation: Moving away with a child after a divorce is often a complex and potentially contentious issue. If you’re looking to move away with your child and require the court’s permission or you oppose your ex moving away with your child, you need a seasoned family lawyer in your corner.
What to Look for in Your Family Lawyer
Whether you’re going through a divorce, facing a custody issue, or are otherwise facing any other legal matter pertaining to your family, hiring the right attorney can make a world of a difference. Just some of the things you should look for in a family law attorney are as follows:
- Strong ratings on Google
- Knowledgeable of the law and able to answer your questions
- A sense of comfortability and trust
Our law firm takes pride in our ability to compassionately and responsibly represent each of our clients. If you have questions, we’re here to answer them. If something happens with your case, we’ll update you immediately. If you need a fierce legal advocate, we will fight for you. No matter your family law needs, if you need a family law attorney you can depend on, the Law Offices of Aditya Surti, LLC is here.
Contact a Family Law Attorney Today
The bottom line is that if you need a family law attorney who can effectively represent you and preserve the best interests of you and your family, you’ve come to the right place. Contact the Law Offices of Aditya Surti, LLC today to schedule your initial consultation with our dedicated and compassionate family law firm.